10 Effective Advertising Tips!
Writing classified ads to sell your product isn’t as hard as you might think if you spend time researching effective copywriting strategies.
Here are a few to try NOW!
1. Never try to sell expensive items from a small classified ad. Use the two-step method. Request the reader visit your site for free information or email an autoresponder address for more details where you will respond with longer ad copy to effectively sell your product.
2. Study how other marketers write their sales copy. This is a no-brainer. Simply study the ads in newsletters you are subscribed to. Or surf to a few of the free classified ad sites and study the ads placed there. Don’t copy their ads word for word but use them as an effective design to write your own adverts.
3. Advertise in the right Newsletter. That’s right. This is basic stuff. Don’t place your ad for cooking lessons in a Sports Trivia Newsletter. Or High Tech Ebooks on Java-Scripting in a Romance Writers Newsletter.
4. Target several appropriate publications. Subscribe to the publications and study their classified ads for several editions before placing your ads. Practice writing adverts following their basic ad writing guidelines.
5. Advertise in more than one publication at a time. Why? You want to pull in as many interested readers as possible in order to make sales.
6. Change your ad copy if it’s not working. If people read the same old ad copy in the publication every month they will get bored and probably ignore your copy. It’s human nature to do this. Freshen up your copy with new headlines, different lengths, new wording, power words, appropriate humour, details, interesting facts, testimonials.
7. Key your ads to find out which ones are working. Or simply have several email addresses or auto responders and calculate which email address receives the most response to your ads.
8. Keep records of everyone who responds to your ads. Follow up with appropriate messages about your product. Of course, give them the option to opt out of receiving further correspondence.
9. Free Classified Ad Sites are a great way to test your ad writing skills before placing paid ads in publications online. Study how other marketers at these sites write their ads. Respond to their ads to see how they further market their product. Don’t forget to set up a free email account especially to handle your request.
10. Study of offline publications. And, advertisements you receive by snail-mail to see how they put it all together. This will help to build your ad writing skills and confidence in your copywriting abilities.